Spotted on Ebay - carbys

AustHaflinger

Spotted on Ebay - carbys

Post by AustHaflinger »

Haflinger 700AP (73)
Range Rover Sport TDV6 (07)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Landrover Series 1 SWB Station Wagon (57)
Landrover Series 1 SWB (57)
Jaguar E-type Roadster V12 (71)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)
heinkeljb

Re: Spotted on Ebay - carbys

Post by heinkeljb »

Gary,

What sort of price do you think postage to the UK would be? Really only interested in the Zenith with the inlet spider attached, but if the price for postage would not add too much, then both with the inlet arms would be useful to put in the spares box.

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
StuartR

Post by StuartR »

John,

I need a manifold, the Zenith NDIX, rear one.

I've got the carbs, engine but no manifold yet.

FYI all, the postage costs to Australia have halved recently with Parcel to go etc, not however Parcel Farce.
Best Regards

Stuart

Northampton
heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

I know Haflinger Technik have all the parts, the tubes and complete manifolds. The only problem is the tubes are brazed into the Carb mounting section and that means you have to bolt the flanges to cylinder heads and the exhaust pipe so you get the angles right. Then hold them in place so you can take the whole lot off in order to heat the joints in order for the Braze to work.

You could do this if you had an engine not in a vehicle so you could put some spot welds or something to hold the pipes in position. I can see the reason for Brazing the pipes in as they come together so closely at the Carb mounting plate that you couldn't weld them up to get a good seal, but Braze would "flow" into the space. Blow torch and engine don't mix very well!

I have a hole at that joint which could probably be fixed with more Braze, but I am assuming that all the metal around the hole is going to be so thin that it will give way if I try to do anything with it. So sort of on the look out for a replacement.

By the way, just because the postage from the UK TO Australia have have dropped, does not mean the postage FROM Australia to the UK has.... That was what I was hoping to find out.

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
AustHaflinger

Post by AustHaflinger »

John - I have no idea of the shipping costs as I have never sent anything your way. However I assume it would be similar to UK to Aust. Most stuff I have got from Haflinger Technik that had to be boxed up costs around £50 shipping. I bought a 32NDIX carb from the US last year and with free shipping it was $149US.

I bought a compete manifold from Haflinger Technik before Christmas
1 x Inlet Manifold for Zenith Carb (RECON) Inc Gaskets - £130 + £25 Surcharge (it was not cost effective to send my old middle section back) - shipping was roughly £40-45 door-to-door.

There were issues as John mentioned - not so much the manufacturer but the realities of fitting. When made the centres are brazed and the flanges welded - no doubt using a jig bit as things cooled there is movement. I did have a couple of pin holes on the carby heating side of the manifold in the brazing which I filled with muffler and all was OK - there were no holes on the inlet manifold side. I did have some issues with the flange ends not quite matching the exhaust but with a little imagination and enlarging the holes a little it all worked out. I have had it off and on a couple of times and it all goes together now easy peasy.

cheers

Garry
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Range Rover Sport TDV6 (07)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Landrover Series 1 SWB Station Wagon (57)
Landrover Series 1 SWB (57)
Jaguar E-type Roadster V12 (71)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)