Ferret Scout Car Mk2 115360
5 Army Mokes with Trailers
Giro

Re: Haffy in the UK for sale on Ebay

Post by Giro »

Julian B

Post by Julian B »

It is a strangely worded advert; on the one hand it says No Reserve but on the other it is listed with a £6k opening bid :?: I also doubt that it was "originally" silver. No rear seats (or evidence of hinges for the rear footwell covers), no hood sticks, no side indicator repeaters - indeed, non standard lighting throughout, non standard fuel tank & fuel tank filler access. Not sure if it is a MkII either? But it does present nicely in the photos.
Julian B
W Sussex, UK

| '62 Early Series I SWB | '72 Series II LWB |
| '56 Citroën Traction Avant |
heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

It has been "renovated" and i guess had various things replaced. It has a steering lock which may or may not have been fitted as standard. Lurch does not have one of those and you would have thought that it was an item fitted to later models not some and than dropped.

It is a LWB version, fuel tank could well have been replaced as they do rust! Everything else below the platform looks correct for a LWB.

I think it has suffered the same syndrome I keep asking about when ever some one gets a "neglected" Haflinger - are they going to do a complete restoration or just fix the things that are broken? Bought in 1987, only argued with DVLA in 1980 for registration number, does not appear to registered yet, so probably has spent all that time being "renovated". (Guessing at this mind)!!

Has come down £50 from the first listing.

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!