6x6 Hafi for Sale

Techmogogy

6x6 Hafi for Sale

Post by Techmogogy »

Had to post to both boards as this one is rare and IMHO very cool!

http://www.anibis.ch/de/autos-,-autozub ... 16010.aspx

Works out to be $49,250 USD = 68,250 AUS :)

FUN!!
https://youtu.be/jlxOZN2U51Y
download.jpg
--------------
72 Pathfinder Hafi
75 710M Pinzgauer 2.7i
96 350GDT
heinkeljb

Re: 6x6 Hafi for Sale

Post by heinkeljb »

Pity all 4 rear wheels are constantly driven, would have been nice to be able to have two wheel drive, 4 wheel drive, 6 wheel drive along with all independent differential locks.

Not sure you would ever get it registered in the U.S. as I believe it went there a couple of years ago and never left the the import yard.

Still would be at least as fun as a normal Haflinger!

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
Techmogogy

Post by Techmogogy »

heinkeljb wrote:Pity all 4 rear wheels are constantly driven, would have been nice to be able to have two wheel drive, 4 wheel drive, 6 wheel drive along with all independent differential locks.

Not sure you would ever get it registered in the U.S. as I believe it went there a couple of years ago and never left the the import yard.

Still would be at least as fun as a normal Haflinger!

John
That is how a 712 Pinz works - all 4 rears are driven and then you can add the front.
Any more info on the US registration? Since people can register 6x6 Pinz I thought it would not be an issue (depending on which state your in). Is it because it is not from the factory?
--------------
72 Pathfinder Hafi
75 710M Pinzgauer 2.7i
96 350GDT
Goatwerks

Post by Goatwerks »

Not a problem, it is over 25 yrs old. Most states would register it easily.
heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

I am pretty sure this particular 6x6 haf has been across the pond and had to come back because it could not be registered - probably because it is a "made up" vehicle. The factory never made 6x6. The Pinz uses a leaf spring system for the rear wheel, but this on is based on independent Haf coil springs. When you go over a bump, the rear set of wheels lifts off the ground and you effectively shorten the wheel base by a couple of feet. The Pinz on the other hand, tilts the rear wheels down - yes, I know there is a point at which suspension travel finishes and it will pick up the rear wheels, but the wheels spend less time on the ground with this vehicles version.

If you look at Alf's 6x6 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goJuoWbM-8E) the rear wheels have the same Pinz system.

I'll see if I can find more details about the 6x6's that went to the States and apparently spent a couple of years in an impound yard whilst they argued about licence's.

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
Techmogogy

Post by Techmogogy »

Goatwerks wrote:Not a problem, it is over 25 yrs old. Most states would register it easily.
We should build one!
--------------
72 Pathfinder Hafi
75 710M Pinzgauer 2.7i
96 350GDT