PolyCab in Australia

AustHaflinger

PolyCab in Australia

Post by AustHaflinger »

I didn't think we had many Polycabs in Australia - not quite my cup of tea but probably a good buy.

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/berrieda ... 1102208334
$_20.JPG
Garry
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Range Rover Sport TDV6 (07)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Landrover Series 1 SWB Station Wagon (57)
Landrover Series 1 SWB (57)
Jaguar E-type Roadster V12 (71)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)
heinkeljb

Re: PolyCab in Australia

Post by heinkeljb »

You might be able purchase the steel front in the second picture if it's not part of another Haflinger. Nothing wrong with a Polycab, more weather protection than a steel front!

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
AustHaflinger

Post by AustHaflinger »

Didn't see that other body.
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)
walderse

Post by walderse »

Garry,
It is in the third photo. The poly cab and the soft top truck are nose-to-nose. Appears a large wooded crate bottom is leaning against the left side of the other truck.

Take care.
Jim Molloy
Waldersee Farm
http://www.northwestmogfest.com
AustHaflinger

Post by AustHaflinger »

Yes - thanks - I missed it when I first looked at the pics.

There does not seem to be any polycabs on the Aussie register at the moment.
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)
pathfinder700ap

Post by pathfinder700ap »

It's really interesting to see that Polycab Haflinger in Australia... haven't seen any other before!
Would be interesting to get the serial numbers for further research... is there anyone who will have a look at the vehicle on site?

Kind regards,
Constantin
AustHaflinger

Post by AustHaflinger »

pathfinder700ap wrote:It's really interesting to see that Polycab Haflinger in Australia... haven't seen any other before!

Kind regards,
Constantin
Thats what I thought - I have not seen or heard of any other. The vehicle is just north of Hobart but I am not sure we have any members nearby.

I would be tempted to buy it but I have promised myself not to buy any other Haflinger stuff as I have too much car junk around the place as it is.

Garry
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)
heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

Go on, Buy it! You can always sell it on later! :lol:

At the very least, try contacting the seller and giving this place's detail in case the new owner need expert advise! At the same time you could ask for the chassis details for Constantine.

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
woodman

Post by woodman »

garrycol wrote:
pathfinder700ap wrote:It's really interesting to see that Polycab Haflinger in Australia... haven't seen any other before!

Kind regards,
Constantin
Thats what I thought - I have not seen or heard of any other. The vehicle is just north of Hobart but I am not sure we have any members nearby.

I would be tempted to buy it but I have promised myself not to buy any other Haflinger stuff as I have too much car junk around the place as it is.

Garry
Hi Garry, you can never have too much car junk, we have loads, but we call it vehicles, parts, projects etc, it is an interesting Haf' advertised as 1972 ex Army, does seem odd as it appears to have a Mk 1 fuel tank and Mk1 rear lights so in theory its a Mk1 so unless the tank and lights were added later it can't be a 1972, who knows, as to being Ex Army don't know, there must be some one in Australia who knows more about Australian Army Haflingers than I do, looking forward to more info on the vehicle, Regards Pete
AustHaflinger

Post by AustHaflinger »

Hi Pete - my take on the ad headline was that he was not saying that particular Haflinger was ex army but that he is indicating that Haflingers more generally were used - but that is certainly open to interpretation.

As far as I am aware the Australian Army Haflingers pre-dated Polycab version and non were in service.

I did check the Australian Haflinger price list and there is a fibreglass cab listed there as a $150AUD option but I think this is just a fibreglass hardtop replacement for the canvas on a standard Haflinger rather than a polycab.

Garry
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)
heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

I am pretty sure your replacement Fibre glass hard top is what I have on Lurch, it follows the same shape as the canvas top. A poly cab was listed differently in the sales brochures I am sure.

I don't read the ad as saying the poly cab is "ex army" rather that it is a Haflinger and that Haflingers' were used by the army as a method of explaining what sort of vehicle it is to those who might not know.

John

Doug Lennox

Post by Doug Lennox »

Kerry460 is in Launceston, he might know of this hafi. :P

Doug
kerry460

Post by kerry460 »

G,,day .
i have spoken to the current owner .
i did have some dealings with the previous owner , but i do not know the vehicle

kerry
ex Tasmanian Haflinger agent .
1984 G Wagen 300GD auto
woodman

Post by woodman »

Hi Garry and John, Ok hold my hands up, I read the advert wrong, it dosn't say ' Ex Army ' still think its a MK1 and not a 1972 model, of course I have been known to be wrong before :D
brad

Post by brad »

Guys,

I read the add and puzzled. Statement (engine in excellent condition) ok but the pick show no motor in the unit?
It that bench tested?

I'm in Tassey this time next year for Agfeast , I wonder if it will still be there? The last vehicle I got from Tassey it cost $1300 return on the boat to bring it back.

Brad
Brad

2 x 700AP 1971 , 1973 Rebuilding
1966 Ex Army Haffy 101823 Rebuilding
1966 Hafflinger Trailer 101889
2 x 700AP Scrapping
Ferret Scout Car Mk1 115191
Ferret Scout Car Mk2 115318
Ferret Scout Car Mk2 115360
5 Army Mokes with Trailers