| '56 Citroën Traction Avant |
AustHaflinger

Re: 1970 Haflinger (UK auction)

Post by AustHaflinger »

Yes - should get a good price.
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Range Rover Sport TDV6 (07)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Landrover Series 1 SWB Station Wagon (57)
Landrover Series 1 SWB (57)
Jaguar E-type Roadster V12 (71)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)
Julian B

Post by Julian B »

Not sure there was ever anything called an "original fuel can" - strange what people pick up on when drafting the particulars.

Battery box door has suffered like many, but overall it looks nice. It even has the heat exchanger bits in the cabin. If the mileage stated is genuine then it is on the high side - not always a bad thing.

If I were in the market for a Haflinger I would give this some serious consideration...
Julian B
W Sussex, UK

| '62 Early Series I SWB | '72 Series II LWB |
heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

I think they mean it has a similar colour painted 10 litre petrol can in the petrol can holder... May or May not have been bought with the Haflinger. It looks the part even if it was bought a few years ago!
Their attempt at humour is also a bit strained! Haffies don’t do barns! Except that where most people put them!
John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
pathfinder700ap

Post by pathfinder700ap »

I think the Haf looks tidy at a first glimpse but it appears that the body has been repaired and welded in many places: Weld-on plates under the steering column, in the front footwell where it connects to the u-shaped members under the seats, on the platform near the engine bay etc... and the rear footwells have been replaced. The side members of the platform may have been replaced as well (one can see that the connection to the front member does not really look factory-like).

Personally, I would not consider buying this Haflinger at a high price, given that the platform requires a lot more proper welding to bring it back to or close to original condition.

Cheers,
Constantin
Julian B

Post by Julian B »

I hear it went for £7,800 !!!
Julian B
W Sussex, UK

| '62 Early Series I SWB | '72 Series II LWB |