AustHaflinger

Re: Any one on here??

Post by AustHaflinger »

Hi John and welcome to the forum :)

garry
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Range Rover Sport TDV6 (07)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Landrover Series 1 SWB Station Wagon (57)
Landrover Series 1 SWB (57)
Jaguar E-type Roadster V12 (71)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)
wojo12

Post by wojo12 »

IMG_9151.JPG
IMG_9151.JPG
AustHaflinger wrote:The actual Club died many, many, many years ago. Rick K (Rick Karosi) started the current Club Website in an attempt to use it as a means to resurrect the club but while various people contributed information to the website the Club did not come back together - one of the main reason is how spread out Haflinger membership is with only one or two active vehicles in any one location.

So in short - there is no Club and not likely to be one - networking in Aust is mainly through this forum as well seem to have more Aussie members than just about any other country.

Garry
I agree with Garry - with a country as bog as Oz, a physical Haf or Pinz club would never work. I have created a what I call a digital Haf and Pinz club on Facebook where at least we get to see other page members cars and buy or sell vehicles and parts. But I understand that Facebook is not for everyone.

I've just got back from Adelaide (5000km return !!) where 12 Hafs gathered to celebrate 60 years of Haflingers, at the Bay to Birdwood Rally.
Attachments
IMG_9092.JPG
heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

Wow, that quite a large number to get together in Oz.... Did you drive you Haf there and back> Only joking, would take you a week to get there with no issues, and if you broke something how would you get back?

Turn it into a proper holiday, have some one drive a back up vehicle with the ability to carry the Haf, and give them a route you are taking and meet up with them at the end of the day somewhere along the road, unless they want to travel at your speed ....

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
AustHaflinger

Post by AustHaflinger »

I know of the Bay to Birdwood but did not know there was going to be a Haflinger gathering. Was it advertised on here - if so I missed it - I might have gone if I had known.

Looking at most of the regos most seem to be from SA which is understandable - so is there a trip report? :)

So what was the mix of Hafs and where did they come from and how did they go on the run?

Looks like a great trip.

For those who do not know about this event The Bay to Birdwood is the largest, continually held motoring event for veteran, vintage and classic vehicles held anywhere in the world.

http://baytobirdwood.com.au/

Cheers

Garry
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)
heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

If you get that number of Haf's together for the 60 year anniversary, maybe you could turn it in to an annual gathering as the official Haflinger Treffen of Australian?
That way, you might pull a few more of the 131 others out of the woodwork!

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
AustHaflinger

Post by AustHaflinger »

Yes I agree but that event was a historic car run, the equivalent of the London to Brighton Veteran Run and not a Haflinger gathering. Previous efforts to organise a "gathering" got no response.

If someone was able to bring something together that would be great.

Garry
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)
heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

Maybe my meaning was lost in the wording. What I was trying to say, was that if this event can bring together this many Haf’s in a place like Oz, where every Haf is miles apart from every other, then maybe it could become an annual meeting for Haf’s even though it is organised by another organisation, you could “unofficially” adopt it as “The Australian Treffen”.
If the rest of 131 Haflinger owners knew lots of Haf’s would be there each year, then they might make the effort to go as well.
As the venue and all the other “organisational” things would be taken care of by some one else, it wouldn’t require a Haflinger club and committee / couple of members to do any organising, except maybe send out Flyer’s / letter telling those owners that are know, that other Haf’s will be there giving them enough notice to arrange to get there.

Actually, this bit of discussion really ought to have it’s own thread.

John

AustHaflinger

Post by AustHaflinger »

No I understood what you meant - your suggestion is certainly valid and piggybacking on another event maybe the way to do it.

Though based on the registration numbers I could read, with the exception of Wojos and one other, all the hafs I looked as if they were local - so it would be good if Wojo could let us know where they all actually came from.

Cheers

Garry
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)
wojo12

Post by wojo12 »

Several times here and on my Aust bHaflinger and Pinzgauer page, I asked if anyone is interested in another mini treffen some where on the est coast(where the majority of Hafs and Pinz are based. I got not one response. Here is a map of Oz with all known Hafs (yellow) and Pinz (purple) are located.
69824179_10220241001355227_5212783046738051072_o.jpg
wojo12

Post by wojo12 »

AustHaflinger wrote:No I understood what you meant - your suggestion is certainly valid and piggybacking on another event maybe the way to do it.

Though based on the registration numbers I could read, with the exception of Wojos and one other, all the hafs I looked as if they were local - so it would be good if Wojo could let us know where they all actually came from.

Cheers

Garry
Garry - you are correct. All the Hafs were local apart from Bruce from near Taree, and myself from Bundaberg.
AustHaflinger

Post by AustHaflinger »

Thanks - I think the idea of piggy backing on other events is the way to get haflingers together - as John has suggested making the Bay to Birdwood also an informal gathering of Hafs is a good idea particularly as there does seem to be an active gathering in that area.

Likewise your area has some good car events that could be piggy backed on as well, noting you have some Haf activity in your area as well.

Cheers

Garry
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)
AustHaflinger

Post by AustHaflinger »

wojo12 wrote:Several times here and on my Aust bHaflinger and Pinzgauer page, I asked if anyone is interested in another mini treffen some where on the est coast(where the majority of Hafs and Pinz are based. I got not one response. Here is a map of Oz with all known Hafs (yellow) and Pinz (purple) are located.
For my area - whose Haflinger do you have in Michelago which is about 30km south of Canberra?. I see you have me in Weston Creek and I guess the Canberra one is PureCordial (Matt Carlin). As far as I know the Haflinger at Major's Creek (90km east of Canberra) as listed on the old club website is still there and not on your map.

Also there is a 6x6 Pinzgauer at Royalla, which is about 15km south of the southern suburbs of Canberra about halfway between Canberra and Michelago.

Cheers

Garry
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)
wojo12

Post by wojo12 »

AustHaflinger wrote:
wojo12 wrote:Several times here and on my Aust bHaflinger and Pinzgauer page, I asked if anyone is interested in another mini treffen some where on the est coast(where the majority of Hafs and Pinz are based. I got not one response. Here is a map of Oz with all known Hafs (yellow) and Pinz (purple) are located.
For my area - whose Haflinger do you have in Michelago which is about 30km south of Canberra?. I see you have me in Weston Creek and I guess the Canberra one is PureCordial (Matt Carlin). As far as I know the Haflinger at Major's Creek (90km east of Canberra) as listed on the old club website is still there and not on your map.

Also there is a 6x6 Pinzgauer at Royalla, which is about 15km south of the southern suburbs of Canberra about halfway between Canberra and Michelago.

Cheers

Garry
Michelago Haf owner is unknown. I have you, Garry, as Canberra, as that it what it says here. The Haf at Majors Creek is shown as Majors Creek.

Any more info on the 6x6 Pinz, or a photo?

Regards
AustHaflinger

Post by AustHaflinger »

Thanks - I was only going by the pic you put up and assumed the "eek" sneaking from behind Michelago was Weston Creek which is where I live not Majors Creek. Have you got Matt Carlin's (PureCordial on here) LWB in Canberra as well.

I have never seen the Pinz but the owner did see my 101 at a display and mentioned to another Landrover Club member that he had a Pinz - our LR Club secretary lives in Royalla and told me he sees it driving around there sometimes. I will see if he can get a pic and details.

I am not sure whether you have them on your list but there is a whole nest of Hafs and a 4x4 Pinz at Killingworth in the West of Newcastle - I cannot remember their names but here are some pics of some of their vehicles. The two Hafs and the Pinz were all running and registered and there were a couple of other Hafs in bits.

Two of their Haflingers
GetAttachment_aspx12.jpg
Haff 2.png
Haf.png
P8010092.JPG
The Pinz in the next post.
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)
AustHaflinger

Post by AustHaflinger »

The Pinz
Pic 005.jpg
Pic 007.jpg
Seethis Pinz from 2.20 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilgsMrgevuMn the first Pinz with the roof basket comes from Brisbane somewhere.
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)