Another UK e-bay Haf for sale

jhon

Another UK e-bay Haf for sale

Post by jhon »

Link here..

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/354760439944 ... R8bcwvT_YQ

I thought it worth posting as it's a bit pricey! (£17750). Looks to be in reasonable structural condition, though far from original.

Would be interesting to know if the seller gets his price - I knew they were steadily increasing in value, though I didn't think a modified/incomplete one would be worth anything like this.
Julian B

Re: Another UK e-bay Haf for sale

Post by Julian B »

I too am surprised at the asking price; with next to no rear body & plenty of "improvements" (I love the fuel tank).

A tipping load bed would be great to have, but I would have hinged it at the rear ...
Julian B
W Sussex, UK

| '62 Early Series I SWB | '72 Series II LWB |
| '56 Citroën Traction Avant |
heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

You would have to be very careful about what you put in the bed as well, looking at that air filter - Can just see a nice load of builders sand to take up to my "mountain retreat" and it pouring down and into the engine bay and filling that air filter!

Still, if it's running and everything works, those "issues" could be corrected.

Probably worth £7000 ~£10000 depending on the buyer.

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
Difflock

Post by Difflock »

The same vehicle was in the Brightwell"s auction this week but failed to reach the reserve of £10,000 bid';s up to £7,000 only.
I viewed the vehicle which seemed reasonable some new steering joints, wiring renewed though this looked a bit odd with extra bits added.
I would have put a bid in but the crux of the sale was no V5 (log book) only a sale copy to the original dealer.

https://www.brightwells.com/timed-sale/5373/lot/641061
heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

The lack of a V5 should not be too much of a hurddle to overcome. The engine number / Chassis number could be used to prove it's age. The Haflinger and Pinzgauer club UK could provide a suitable document for DVLA to issue a non-transferable age related plate.

Make them an offer and see what happens?

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
Difflock

Post by Difflock »

There is another Haffy come on E bay for a price of £13,500, it's on the road apparently, looks reasonable on the photo's at least,
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/126023990342
heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

Those tyres would be very noisey on the road and probaby not very good in the wet on tarmac. So "On the road" should be taken with a pinch of salt. Front headlight are not original, not that it should mater if they actually give a reasonable amount of light. Only thing to watch out for with them is if they are modern 50/65 watt bulbs as using them for any length of time would probably result in a flat battery even with the engine running as the Dynastart will not be able to charge the battery and supply the power for the headlights / rear lights etc.
I would put its value nearer £9,000 to £10,000.00, but again it depends on the buyer at the end of the day.

John