UK RHD Haflinger for sale, England/France

Ian

UK RHD Haflinger for sale, England/France

Post by Ian »

FOR SALE, one Haflinger 700AP 1973 SWB 5 speeds, Right hand drive, 14,000 miles, plus extensive spares.

I have very reluctantly decided to sell my Haflinger that I have owned since 1985. The vehicle is still UK registered but has sat in my parents barn in France for a few years now and will be sold from there. It was running well when it went there, but has sat for a few years so is suffering a bit of neglect. I last ran it two years ago, it started straight away and drove well with the exception that the brake master cylinder has seized.

In the late eighties I fitted a diesel engine to it that was sourced from a Citroen AX, it is an all aluminium 1.4L in line 4cyl. This transformed the Haflinger into a much more useable vehicle and was a very successful conversion. The rear load bed is aluminium chequer plate, it has a full roll cage and bucket seats. It has a set of 13inch fiat wheels with 165M+S tyres on them and also a set of original 12" rims with 7.00x12 tractor style tyres on them.

The running gear (except engines) from two more Haflingers are included in the sale. At this stage I am not wanting to split them as would prefer to sell it all as a job lot.
I have had a huge amount of fun over the years with this vehicle and is was my daily drive for a while. I would love to see it go to someone who can tidy it up and get the same enjoyment from using it as I have.

I am in France for most of September and would like to sell it while I am there. With that in mind I am asking a reasonable 3000 GB pounds, or 3500 Euro for the whole lot. Please email or PM me for more details. A few pictures attached, Cheers Ian.

Markus
Site Admin

Re: UK RHD Haflinger for sale, England/France

Post by Markus »

Have you got any photos from the conversion that you can share with us?

Regards,
Markus.
Ian

Post by Ian »

Markus wrote:Have you got any photos from the conversion that you can share with us?

Regards,
Markus.
Hi Markus,

Sadly not i'm afraid. I would have only been 18 and just an apprentice diesel mechanic at the time - i'm not sure I even owned a camera!
I also can't take all the credit for the job. It was Andrew Davidsons (i'm sure many in Haflinger circles remember him) idea to fit it and he made the adaptor plate and fitted the engine up sorting the clutch and starter motor, etc. I did a lot of the finishing off and have made several minor changes and modifications over the years including fitting a little heater unit out of a Mini so the haflinger actually had a decent heater and demisters.
I have very pictures at all with me here, but when I get to France next week will be taking lots of pictures of it. Having said that my dad has just told me a Frenchman is looking at it this weekend who is very keen so I may get there yet and find it sold..
Cheers, Ian.
ogdenenterprise

Post by ogdenenterprise »

Hi Ian, just noticed the registration number on the Haf ,could I inquire if you previously lived in Hebden Bridge ,West Yorkshire?. I ask, as we lived in Todmorden and owned the vehicle with that reg number.

Dave
Ian

Post by Ian »

Hi Dave,

Yes, I did live in Hebden and by the sounds of it, I may of bought the Haf off you!! It was on a farm up Lumbutts somewhere and there were about 3 of them together in a field. I picked it up with my dad and his mate with his mini skip wagon about 1985 I reckon. Was that you? Be an amazing coincidence if we now both find ourselves living in Australia - although at opposite ends. I think I last may have seen you up at Gaddings Dam when I was up there with the Haf once?
I rather not be selling it now really, but I shipped my Pinzgauer out here and a heap of other stuff, Just can't bring everything unfortunately.
ogdenenterprise

Post by ogdenenterprise »

Hi Ian ,
Picture of 2 of the Haflingers at Gaddings Dam (WTJ is the rear one)
Attachments
WTJ363L Gadding Dam.jpg
WTJ363L Gadding Dam.jpg (183.58 KiB) Viewed 1539 times