Fax Number

Off topic
mechanical horse

Fax Number

Post by mechanical horse »

Hey all;
Can anyone in Australia tell me the complete fax number that I have to dial to send a message from Australia to the order department at Haflinger Technik to send my details in regards an order for parts. I have tried numbers off the web site and numbers that I have got from that company and nothing seems to work. I have googled, how to send a fax to wee bonny Scotland and that never worked. I am trying to do it through the local PO and they are threatening to fine me a bottle of wine every time an attempt fails.
Regards Rick.
AustHaflinger

Re: Fax Number

Post by AustHaflinger »

Just ring them and give them the details direct - saves stuffing around.

Garry
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Range Rover Sport TDV6 (07)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Landrover Series 1 SWB Station Wagon (57)
Landrover Series 1 SWB (57)
Jaguar E-type Roadster V12 (71)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)
Julian B

Post by Julian B »

I'd have thought that it was
0011 (Aus international access code)
44 (UK)
1555 (area code less the initial 0 that is only used within the UK)
772976 (HafTech's number)

So ... 0011 44 1555 772 976

Have you tried that? I have just called them and they said that it should be OK
Julian B
W Sussex, UK

| '62 Early Series I SWB | '72 Series II LWB |
| '56 Citroën Traction Avant |
StuartR

Post by StuartR »

To call from outside the country is 0044 1555 772 976.
Best Regards

Stuart

Northampton
Julian B

Post by Julian B »

Except that AIUI to access an international number FROM Australia you need to dial 0011 then the country code (i.e. 44)
Julian B
W Sussex, UK

heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

From Australia to the UK to talk to Haflinger Technik you would dial:- 0011 44 1555 772 976

If that is also their fax number then it should hear the FAX access tone and react accordingly.

To be honest -Why are you bothering to send a FAX? why not just email them? You obviously have internet access, so do they. Either Dale or John would respond to an email request for spares without a second thought. I purchase spares that way. Use this address:-[email protected]
If you have no joy, let me know and I'll PM you directly

Regards,

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
AustHaflinger

Post by AustHaflinger »

heinkeljb wrote:Why are you bothering to send a FAX? why not just email them? You obviously have internet access, so do they.

John
No problem for ordering but is a real no no for sending email credit card, banking details etc - you will quickly find them being compromised. Secure sites are OK but Haflinger Technik did not have this last time I checked - so ring the information through or fax are the only secure methods.

I normally email the order through then ring with payment details if they do not have it on record.

Garry
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)
heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

I had not thought they did not have a secure payment website, but there again I have never actually paid via their website as I have always done it the way you do Gary.

As you say, place the order via email, phone with card details, should be a quick transaction and therefore short phone call.

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
AustHaflinger

Post by AustHaflinger »

And after the first transaction no call needed as they retain your details.
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)
Julian B

Post by Julian B »

heinkeljb wrote:From Australia to the UK to talk to Haflinger Technik you would dial:- 0011 44 1555 772 976
Their voice line ends 751356, not 772976 (which is their fax line).
Julian B
W Sussex, UK

mechanical horse

Post by mechanical horse »

Hey all,
Thanks one and all for your input as to the correct fax number to order some bits. It can be a bit confusing the first time but I was actually using the correct number, and this is over 3 days but the gremlins were about and things wouldn't work. Haflinger Technik made it clear that they wanted either fax or phone as there is not the security on banking details when using an email, other wise I would have just emailed them in the first place. The local PO think now it might be their machine that was the problem, and I did notice a small boiler next to it so I think it maybe steam powered and by now needs an upgrade.
Regards Rick.
heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

If you have a PC you could set it up to act as a Fax and then you could send Faxes yourself without having to go to the Post Office or anywhere else for that matter.

Most HP printers have FAX capabilities when connected up with a windows PC.

John