God I Hate Bogans

Off topic
AustHaflinger

God I Hate Bogans

Post by AustHaflinger »

I suppose we get used to people wanting to have a chat when you are out in your Haffie. I am beginning to find it quite annoying but depending on the genuine interest shown and the demeanour of the person I am normally quite welcoming and try to be helpful.

Today I had to go and buy parts for my Landrover and pulled up outside the parts shop and went in and got my parts. When I jumped back into the Haffie the lady who had served me came running out enquiring about it - no issues she was interested and we had a nice chat.

As I was then about to back out of the car park and next to me pulls up a 30 yo banger - not one panel the same colour with dents in them all - then the driver who has a missing front tooth yells out - "Hey Colonel Where We Going" - at that point I nearly lost it but bit my tongue and just stared at the Bogan with a look of disdain as he got out his heap of crap - then I promptly stalled the Haffie in the middle of the road :o

God I hate Bogans

Garry

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bogan
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Range Rover Sport TDV6 (07)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Landrover Series 1 SWB Station Wagon (57)
Landrover Series 1 SWB (57)
Jaguar E-type Roadster V12 (71)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)
heinkeljb

Re: God I Hate Bogans

Post by heinkeljb »

Why do you think Lurch is called Lurch? The clutches are very sharp along with the low gearing makes you start in 2nd so you have no torque unless you rev the engine quite hard and then you become the "Borgan"!!

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
woodman

Post by woodman »

We don't mind people taking an interest or asking questions about our Haffie, the usual one is " does it float " to which we reply " yes like a brick " or somtimes " is it a..... Kit Car, Mini Moke, Jeep !! etc the worst ones though are the ' Numptys ' who think they no it all like ........ Drove one of them in the War, insists it s a Kit Car, made by VW, definately Chinese, etc etc, would be nice to here from other Haflinger Owners on how they get on with the public, any way Keep Smiling
m wehrman

Post by m wehrman »

Ignorance is everywhere but there was a time I didn't know what a Haffy was or a Pinz for that matter! 3 Pinz's a Volvo and 2 haffys later here I am! ;)
Mark
62 haffy
68 haffy
TGB 1317 Volvo
Dnepr M/C
FG140 Fuso
3 other boring cars!
and 2 more motorcycles
Oh yea! my John Deer lawnmower
leaf blower and a Weed Wacker!
Just poking fun at sigs! ( ) smiley face goes between the brackets....
AustHaflinger

Post by AustHaflinger »

Yes - genuine interest is to be applauded but smart arse yobbos - no thanks.

Woodman's experiences outlined above reflect my own - particularly if I am in my Landrover 101, especially when they hear the V8 and think it is some big block beastie rather than a pidley 110hp engine.

While it has been many years since my Jaguar was on the road - I dont recall the same level of attention I received in it as I do in the Haflinger.

Garry
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Range Rover Sport TDV6 (07)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Landrover Series 1 SWB Station Wagon (57)
Landrover Series 1 SWB (57)
Jaguar E-type Roadster V12 (71)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)
heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

Most of the interest in Haflingers fall into one of two categories:-

Those that know the name / vehicle: Some better than others!
Those that have absolutely no idea what it is: The ones that want to know if it is a kit car type.

Of these the nice ones are the ones who have seen them before but maybe only in a picture or a short video clip. They generally ask intelligent questions.
The ones from the second group include those who ask if it is amphibious or snigger at it's looks when they first see one. Those may or may not ask relevant questions.

The various car show I take Lurch to produce these types and you soon get to recognise which ones you are likely to have a long conversation with and those that will get one word answers. :lol:

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
Julian B

Post by Julian B »

garrycol wrote:While it has been many years since my Jaguar was on the road - I dont recall the same level of attention I received in it as I do in the Haflinger.
I had the good fortune / misfortune (take your pick) to go to quite a "posh" school in my yoof; Speech Day was always a mass of sundry Jaguars, Mercedes, Rollers and Bentleys etc, but it always amused me that when my father turned up in his somewhat battered LWB Haflinger it received much much more interest & smiles than the rest put together. 8-)
Julian B
W Sussex, UK

| '62 Early Series I SWB | '72 Series II LWB |
| '56 Citroën Traction Avant |