Sydney meet and great

AustHaflinger

Re: Sydney meet and great

Post by AustHaflinger »

If I lived closer I would push on but I am the equivalent of driving from Plymouth to London so just a bit too far on the off chance of a meeting.

So maybe next time with some demonstrated commitment to participate.
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Range Rover Sport TDV6 (07)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Landrover Series 1 SWB Station Wagon (57)
Landrover Series 1 SWB (57)
Jaguar E-type Roadster V12 (71)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)
Julian B

Post by Julian B »

Sorry to hear that, Garry - always disappointing when the support isn't there.
Julian B
W Sussex, UK

| '62 Early Series I SWB | '72 Series II LWB |
| '56 Citroën Traction Avant |
heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

Maybe it is just the wrong weekend? A quick re-read of the early posts suggests some couldn't come just because of the weekend that had been chosen.
Try again for another weekend!

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
Vampyr

Post by Vampyr »

Some good thoughts and suggestions. but 2 months lead up to a firm date just requires a commitment. we all have busy lives and work. A favourable date for one will not suit another That's why a large lead up time. As Gary said, we know each other and will catch up but I think on a whole most people live busy lives and a haffy is a hobby to be enjoyed. It was to be a low key event and very casual to gauge any larger event. Whilst I appreciate suggestions from overseas, the distance in Oz is a major factor, Gary was travelling there and back for 8 hours on the freeway a major commitment from him.
mechanical horse

Post by mechanical horse »

Hey Danny,
I am unable to get there in time. The intention was to be in the area of the park today sometime but our timing is out the window and we are still at Stringy Bark Creek, having a look at where Mr. Kelly and his friends killed the 3 policemen who were planning some punishment of their own. I have been looking at this part of our history for about 50 years so couldn't pass it up. If the get together does go ahead then photos on this forum would be good.
If there is another get together in 6 months time I will be there, hopefully, although apparently we have had over 350 ml of rain at home from the tail end of Cyclone Debbie since we have been away, so I may still be mowing the lawns.
Regards Rick.
bernard callahan

Post by bernard callahan »

G'day all. I have a talked to Bruce Kerney. He owns bylongcreek4x4 park. Which is near Mudgee NSW. Each year on the june long weekend they have The MogFest (Unimogs) gathering. Just wondering if we could organise a get together there. Bruce suggested having it in conjunction with MogFest. I am just thinking it is fairly central for everyone for Haflinger owners around Australia. At least if only a couple were to turn up it would be a start of a yearly event. Bruces website is bylongcreek4X4.com Give us some feedback or any other ideas.
AustHaflinger

Post by AustHaflinger »

I would certainly consider it if an invitation for Haflingers to attend was offered.

Garry
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)
bernard callahan

I have only talked to Bruce this morning, I am going to email him and get some more information. He is very keen to get get some Haflingers there.
AustHaflinger

Post by AustHaflinger »

Thanks Bernard that would be great.
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)
AustHaflinger

Post by AustHaflinger »

Looking at another Forum I came across the flyer for Mogfest - unfortunately it seems it is a Military Vehicle (ex Australian Military Vehicles) function rather than a more general Unimog function - a bit like the annual Corowa Swim-in held in March each year.

So really not a suitable event for civilian vehicles so I would take my FC101 but not the Haflinger as it is not military.
Mog Fest flyer.pdf
(372.73 KiB) Downloaded 101 times
Garry
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)
bernard callahan

Thanks Gary. I will see what else Bruce has to offer or if anyone else has any suggestions let us know