Spotted this in Tasmania

AustHaflinger

Spotted this in Tasmania

Post by AustHaflinger »

Spotted this Haffie on Ebay Australia http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/232375246521?ul_noapp=true
s-l1600.jpg
Is registered and if it is as the seller claims is probably a reasonable buy. If driving it off the little island to the big island then probably not a big cost but will be expensive if it has to be trailered.
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Range Rover Sport TDV6 (07)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Landrover Series 1 SWB Station Wagon (57)
Landrover Series 1 SWB (57)
Jaguar E-type Roadster V12 (71)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)
Julian B

Re: Spotted this in Tasmania

Post by Julian B »

Looks very nice indeed. And it has got a winch included; I'd like something for my Defender TD5 but they are £££ :shock:

Engine number looks as though it might be from an earlier machine though?
Julian B
W Sussex, UK

| '62 Early Series I SWB | '72 Series II LWB |
| '56 Citroën Traction Avant |
tephensay

Post by tephensay »

Yeah well I have just purchased it.... the problem now is to get it from West Hobart Tasmania to Warwick Queensland. The first carriers quote came in at $1650
Julian B

Post by Julian B »

Excellent - looks like a great buy. Enjoy! 8-)
Julian B
W Sussex, UK

| '62 Early Series I SWB | '72 Series II LWB |
| '56 Citroën Traction Avant |
heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

As suggested, why not take a couple of days Holiday, go and fetch it yourself. Fly in, drive it to the main land via the ferry. Rent a Merc Sprinter Hi Top, long wheel base on a one way hire. Load it in the back and drive home.

Obviously if you could rent a suitable van on Tasmania then you could load it at the point of sale and drive home. Most ferries add lots of cost to vehicle pulling trailers, which is why I suggest you load inside a van!

Another reason for driving it to the "mainland" is you get to try out your new vehicle and discover the joys of driving at 30 / 40 mph in a 40 + year old vehicle! Completely different from your 21st century air conditioned box!

Best of luck.

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
AustHaflinger

Post by AustHaflinger »

tephensay wrote:Yeah well I have just purchased it.... the problem now is to get it from West Hobart Tasmania to Warwick Queensland. The first carriers quote came in at $1650
It is registered - drive it :D

Welcome to the forum and looks like a good buy.

Garry
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)
mechanical horse

Post by mechanical horse »

Hey Tephensay,
Welcome to the club. $1650 sounds like a good deal to me but a cheaper price maybe even better. It just cost me $500 to send a motor cycle from the Sunshine Coast to Melbourne in a truck with 18 other bikes in it. Jamming it in the back of a van is a good way as long as you can get out of the Haffie after you drive it in. Having someone sitting in the Haffie inside the van inside the ship from Tas to Melbourne would be a bit rough. Of course if you didn't want to come across Bass Strait you could always just go around the back way. Allora is pretty close to me, why don't you jump in it one Saturday morning and drop over for a coffee. Give me a yell first and I will put the billy on. Good luck with the move.
Regards Rick.
heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

Merc Sprinters have a side door. Take the canvas off, doors off, fold the windscreen down. Drive on on a couple of scaffold planks. Climb out via the side door and strap down. Close doors and you are good to go!
Check the internal dimensions of any van you are about to hire in case there is any variation to make sure you can actually get the Haf inside. Nothing would ruin your day as much to have hired the van and then found that the Haf doesn't fit because they have a false foot or something fitted!

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
tephensay

Post by tephensay »

Bought for $9,000 AUD plus $2,000 to ship from Hobart to Brisbane with CIVA logistics - who did a gr8 job!
AustHaflinger

Post by AustHaflinger »

Not sure of the shipping costs but it is great that you now have it in your hands and can get to use it - so what are your intentions for it.

Garry
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)