Haflinger 703AP Door Furniture wanted

tinkerer

Haflinger 703AP Door Furniture wanted

Post by tinkerer »

Hi all,
Anyone out there have any Door bits for canvas front doors? I need a Door Handle and lock mechanism, Door release straps on the inside and the Check Straps..

If anyone could help, I would appreciate it..

Thanks.
'73 703AP

"There is only one way to eat an elephant, one bite at a time.."
Julian B

Re: Haflinger 703AP Door Furniture wanted

Post by Julian B »

Hi Tinkerer, it might help a bit if you add your location etc to your profile - that way people are more likely to be able to help you
Julian B
W Sussex, UK

| '62 Early Series I SWB | '72 Series II LWB |
| '56 Citroën Traction Avant |
ogdenenterprise

Post by ogdenenterprise »

I have never seen a door check strap in the flesh, only in the parts book - 28 05/ 14, has anyone any photos?. I tried Dale at Haflinger Technik some time ago but he had non in stock.

Dave
Julian B

Post by Julian B »

Here is a photo of one of mine; not 100% sure it is OEM, but I am fairly sure it is. To be honest I don't use them as I find they prevent the doors opening wide enough (for my "large" frame :oops: :) )
Attachments
2017-07-21_07_36_48.jpg
2017-07-21_07_36_36.jpg
Julian B
W Sussex, UK

heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

I "custom" made mine from a leather belt cut to a length which holds the door open at a suitable angle for me. Door hinge brackets and pins can be made but obviously if you are set on original items, then you will have to post lots of wanted ads on all the forums that have dealings with Haflingers and scour the "sellers" of parts that exist. It is possible one of the European sellers will get these items re-manufactured, but who know when!

The door lock and handle although not complicated, would be a pain to try and reproduce. I don't know of any other vehicle that uses the same handle / lock.

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
ogdenenterprise

Thanks Julian.

Dave
ogdenenterprise

Forgive me for being na-ive but how does the strap fasten to the door frame and to the vehicle, I see in the parts book that it shows the strap with the rod, 28 05/14. does the rod slide in the holes that are on the door bracket, or does the angled rod parts 15 fit there, also how and where does either 14 or 15 secure to the body.

Dave
Attachments
IMG_0999.JPG
Julian B

Post by Julian B »

This photo might help; the end of the strap with no metal goes in to the door bracket (I don't have the "proper" pin #15 so made up something out of a large nail). The end with the large metal pins stitched in to the fabric hooks through the brackets on the bulkhead (circled in the photo). So, the door ends are fixed to the doors, and the other ends slide through the larger brackets attached to the bulkheads (back and forth as the doors are opened & closed).

In mine, I have attached the straps to the doors, but not bothered with the other ends to aid access etc.

Does that make sense?
Attachments
L1000787.jpg
Julian B
W Sussex, UK

ogdenenterprise

Thanks again Julian , I kind of guessed it was something like that but was not 100% sure.

Dave
AustHaflinger

Post by AustHaflinger »

I appreciate you want to go original but here is my left door arrangement - nylon strapping form old camping stuff and some long thin bolts.

All in place
20170724_155451.jpg
To undo from the body - just slip through the slot in the body mount
20170724_155515.jpg
The straps I have are adjustable and I have them adjusted so the door opens to 90 degrees so I can get in and out easily and the door does not touch the rear vision mirror.

Garry
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Range Rover Sport TDV6 (07)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Landrover Series 1 SWB Station Wagon (57)
Landrover Series 1 SWB (57)
Jaguar E-type Roadster V12 (71)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)
ogdenenterprise

Thanks Garry , I will probably make some up similar to Julians, but I will use stainless rod for the pins.

Dave
Rick K

Post by Rick K »

Hello. Many of these parts, including the canvas door limiting straps are available as NOS from Haflinger Ersatzteile in Austria. I purchased a set of these straps new only a few months ago. Cheers. Rick
1963 Haflinger 700APTL (ex- Hydro Tasmania)
several Puch scooters[/size]
tinkerer

Post by tinkerer »

Julian B wrote:Hi Tinkerer, it might help a bit if you add your location etc to your profile - that way people are more likely to be able to help you
Hi,
Apologies I am only getting back now.. I am in Northern Ireland UK.. The check straps are something I would need, but I am more in need of a door lock at the minute. I located doors and only one lock, so need another one to complete.. If anyone has one and wishes to part with it, I would be glad to hear from you...

Thanks..
'73 703AP

"There is only one way to eat an elephant, one bite at a time.."