2 Fantastic Haflingers for Sale!

SAM

2 Fantastic Haflingers for Sale!

Post by SAM »

Hi All

I have two Haflingers for sale. I will post pictures but they are in storage at a friends so it may be a week or so before I can.

I have had these two for years and to be honest they are the best ones I have ever seen. I have had 7 Haflingers in total and these were the two I was going to keep (I get married in 4 weeks so my priorities have changed a bit). These two are in unmolested condition.

The first is a 1970 SWB all original in excellent condition with no rust. I bought this from the snowfields in Victoria off an 80 year old bloke who had it since 1978 he used to use it for picking blackberries with his wife at a holiday home. He was the second owner and it was garaged the whole time. It has around 1900 hours on it has four doors and seats, the canvas is on the doors and the original canvas top is present! Faded but still functional. I have had the engine rebuilt (it is still out) with rebore, new pistons, new camshaft heads rebuilt. The chap who did it said there was no wear on the engine at all. I have new clutch and plate, tow bar. I also have a SS Manifold and Muffler for this vehicle, Manifold has Heat exchanger pipes present. I have had all tin powder coated.

The second is a 74 SWB again all original. This one is in excellent condition with rear footwells original too and again no rust. It is a late one with the moulded steering wheel. This vehicle has only 800 hrs on it and a look inside the engine bay reflects this. Sadly this one was owned by a chap with Dementia who took it apart and it never got put back together. This one comes with four doors with canvas an excellent LWB canopy and seats. Also long sideboards that can be cut down to make short sides for a 4 door. Again tow bar. I had custom SS Manifolds and Mufflers made for both vehicles and this one is fitted the Manifolds have the Heat Exchanger pipes present. Rebuilt brakes with SS liners on wheel cylinders and Master. Also relined brake shoes. This vehicle has a Carburettor Manifold pipes present. This vehicle has Laubtec electronic ignition.

I have a great many spares too may to list but bashplates front and rear, 2 steering wheels, a set of Peco Star wide wheels (Plated and Powder Coated Silver) made especially for Haflingers by Melbourne Wheel Works. Lots of wheels (some powder coated), 5 brand new tyres from Austria. 5 tyres for the wide wheels with loads of tread. A complete Australian made Canopy and Frame and Doors (discussed on this forum a while ago) in excellent nick. Spare heads, pistons, Voltage Regulator, Fuel Pumps, Wipers, I have Immaculate Manuals for both vehicles also an Australian Army Manual for Haflingers. Also a load of beautiful Auto Club badges from this period that would look great on these vehicles I have many many spark plugs, spare filters and other consumables. I am remembering this off the top of my head but there will be loads more. Also a spare engine with all bits still on it. New light reflectors and I have a large box of nuts and bolts and other parts that I have had plated. I have a spare voltage regulator cylinder heads, dashboard, full set of new brake/master cylinders. Also boxes of old parts pipes, also rev limiter, spare wiper motor.

I also have a vehicle trailer for a Haflinger which is in good condition and must go.

Like I said loads of stuff here asking price is $15,500 each or the lot for $27,000. Please don’t ask to split the parts because I will not consider this and these prices are firm.

I am not sure how best to do this but I will try and do it all in a single post. Here are the two Haflingers together.

Haflinger 1
I was wrong about this vehicle in my description it only has 1300hrs on it and not 1900 as I described.

Ok now for Haflinger 2
Imagehttp://u.cubeupload.com/benreich/IMG1029.jpg[/img]
Imagehttp://u.cubeupload.com/benreich/IMG1028.jpg[/img]
Imagehttp://u.cubeupload.com/benreich/IMG1033.jpg[/img]

As I mentioned that in addition to these two I have a myriad of spares. I just remembered 4 brand new brake drums I had forgotten about. I wont separate the spares from the vehicles I need to sell it either all together or in two lots.

Remember both of these have canopies and doors with canvas! The only thing I am missing is hood sticks for Haflinger 2 but as I mentioned earlier I have a complete Aussie made canopy for that one in addition to the original Steyr/Puch LWB one (immaculate).

Spare engine in the back of Haflinger 1

If you need any more info give me a shout.

PS: I hate photobucket!

Sam
Last edited by SAM on Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:14 am, edited 6 times in total.
AustHaflinger

Re: 2 Fantastic Haflingers for Sale!

Post by AustHaflinger »

Hi Sam - you have listed individual prices for the Haflingers and a total price for the lot (I assume for the two hafs - including parts?) but you have not listed a price for the job lot of parts by themselves.

This may be helpful for someone.

Of course when you are able - pics are always good.

Cheers

Garry
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Range Rover Sport TDV6 (07)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Landrover Series 1 SWB Station Wagon (57)
Landrover Series 1 SWB (57)
Jaguar E-type Roadster V12 (71)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)
SAM

Post by SAM »

Original post updated.

Sam
heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

Hi Sam,

Just had a look though your post. Either Haflinger (or both) will make someone’s dream come true. What about all the spares if you only sell one? Are you going to divide them up? Which one would get which bits? Are you going to sell all the spares separately, if you only sell one Haflinger at a time? If so, for how much?

Won’t be me buying them as I am too far away and already have a Haflinger and spares!

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
ogdenenterprise

Post by ogdenenterprise »

Hi Sam, I have just checked your post and all I see is the word image about 20 times for each haflinger. I dont know if its my computer or if you have not posted a link or something at your end.

Dave
SAM

Post by SAM »

Dave

Can you try it on another machine? If it still does not work maybe everyone will have a problem that I will need to fix.

Sam
AustHaflinger

Post by AustHaflinger »

Yes the pics are too large and are not reducing when clicked on. When using the full editor there is a good upload attachment function at the bottom of the page - it works well for pics.

It is a three step process.

1. select your pic from your computer using the "browse" function.
2. upload the pic using the "add the file" function
3. insert the pic into the post by "insert inline" function - you just move your cursor in the post to where you want the pic and hit "insert inline".

Cheers

garry
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)
mechanical horse

Post by mechanical horse »

Hey Sam,
Nice looking couple of vehicles and a shame to get rid of them, I am nearly at the stage on my rebuild that I need to start either building or buying a trailer for mine to tow behind the motor home, so I may be interested in yours when you put it up with a price and some photos.
Regards Rick.
rweng

Post by rweng »

di you eventually sell these or are they still available?
SAM

Post by SAM »

Hello

I am just about to re-advertise one of them.

Sam
tteltrabd

Post by tteltrabd »

Sold yet?
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

tteltrabd wrote:Sold yet?
Are the haflingers in south africa?

Sent from my SM-G360H using Tapatalk
AustHaflinger

Post by AustHaflinger »

No these are/were in the Brisbane area in QLD Aust
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)
tgh

Post by tgh »

The asking price for these haf's bothers me but I would like to inspect.
One sold in a flash off fb t'other day for $8k needing an engine rebuild.
The recent haf on ebay with low hours passed in at $9k and was sold soon after for $??

So how does a haf neophyte get a handle on value ?
AustHaflinger

Post by AustHaflinger »

How long is a piece of string :lol:

In my opinion :lol: - in Aussie Plastic Dollars

Top quality, original, running, roadworthy and registered - basically concourse condition maybe up to $35K

A nice runner, roadworthy and registered maybe some mods - a good everyday driver maybe around $20k

A nice vehicle, roadworthy or close to it with rego or not - might need a little bit of work - $15K

Complete, nice but not necessarily running, needing a little work - $10k

Like you saw - $8k

Then the ones requiring complete restoration - $3k to $8k depending on what is needed.

However there are always exceptions.

Garry
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)
tgh

Post by tgh »

Thanks Garry thats' most helpful…
So they get more money for haf's in Europe ?
The haf on ebay < $10 was likely a cheap buy ?
The $8k one would have been perfect as an engine rebuild would likely be easy enough as long as I could buy the parts.
oh .. sign my name ..

Cheers Mal
AustHaflinger

Post by AustHaflinger »

If you are talking about this one on ebay https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/steyr-puch- ... 663.l10137
Then it would have been ok at $9k but no more - looks as if it was modified a bit, the vehicle was not what the owner said it was - that was not an ex army haflinger and I suspect he really did not know much about them. I bet when the new owner got it back home he would have found a lot of work having to be done.

Garry
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)
wojo12

Post by wojo12 »

garrycol wrote:If you are talking about this one on ebay https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/steyr-puch- ... 663.l10137
Then it would have been ok at $9k but no more - looks as if it was modified a bit, the vehicle was not what the owner said it was - that was not an ex army haflinger and I suspect he really did not know much about them. I bet when the new owner got it back home he would have found a lot of work having to be done.

Garry
Yes, Garry - the new owner (me) is finding a few things to be done. I did get it registered the day after I got it home, but I suspect various things are evolving now that i is being driven.

Incidentally, I was the highest bidder at $9k and eventually purchased it for $9.5k

John
AustHaflinger

Post by AustHaflinger »

John - there will always be things to be done - price wise - $9,500 for what is now a registered and roadworthy is not too bad at all but as I said there will always be things to do.

Garry
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)
Ole

Post by Ole »

Congrats on the purchase wojo:)

I love the big mirrors. Need something like that on mine. The blindspot on the driver side is horrible on my polycab.

So far it seems like for every two hours wrenching I get about one hour of driving out of it. I hope it gets better now that the worst bugs are worked out.