File Uploads

HaffyHunter

File Uploads

Post by HaffyHunter »

This post is not so much of a suggestion as it is a question. I may have overlooked something here but is there a means of uploading PDF documents to this forum like we are able to do on the Yahoo Groups site? I have some Haflinger related documents in PDF that can be shared if there is a place here for them.
Thanks,
Steve
heinkeljb

Re: File Uploads

Post by heinkeljb »

I am pretty sure you can upload a PDF the same way you upload a picture file. The only downside would be that it in a post rather than in a specific "Documentation" area.

I suppose if the title was suitable then it would not get too lost as the forum builds up in members and numbers of posts. Thinking along those lines, I agree in would be better if there were a proper labeled section for reference documentation.

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

HaffyHunter,

Actually there is a section marked out for documentation so you could give you post an appropriate title and upload your PDF's to that section the same way you would upload a photo. (except I don't think you would have to re-size it!)

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
HaffyHunter

Post by HaffyHunter »

John,
I've tried to attach a PDF to my message but was not permitted. The forum rules do not allow PDF attachments to Posts.
I think it is better this way and that a "Library" arrangement would be preferable so that important technical document resources do not get lost among long discussions that can stray off topic.
Cheers,
Steve
Markus
Site Admin

Post by Markus »

PDFs are now permitted. We will try and have some sort of file system up and running in Feb next year.
For now please open a new topic and use a good subject to identify the content.

I look forward to seeing the documentation section grow.

Regards,
Markus