My 2 Haffies

Vampyr

My 2 Haffies

Post by Vampyr »

Hi Guys, just wanted to put out there that I now have brought home the 2 haffies I bought up in the bush, I intend to make 1 out of the 2 , register that one and use it in my business as a light weight spray vehicle for herbicides, The rest of the other one I am happy to swap out to those that need parts etc and like wise in return. I have a bit of work to do yet as I want the running gear off one and the body off the other. Both have compliance plates. I will post photo's later. Hope to be able to meet some local haffy lovers. Danny
heinkeljb

Re: My 2 Haffies

Post by heinkeljb »

Depending on how much work you want to do........

Just doing a swap of the platform on to another set of running gear shouldn't be that difficult. I assume you are swapping like for like? I.E. they are both SWB or LWB as the swap won't work otherwise (at least not without a lot of work).

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
AustHaflinger

Post by AustHaflinger »

Vampyr wrote:Both have compliance plates.
Hi Danny - what year models are they - mine is a 73 but does not have a compliance plate.

Also be aware that the chassis number for these vehicles is the gearbox number - and this will be on the compliance plate - so to make things easier for registration make sure you change the compliance plates around so that on the final product you have the compliance plate on the body that matches the gearbox you use.

Cheers

Garry
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Range Rover Sport TDV6 (07)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Landrover Series 1 SWB Station Wagon (57)
Landrover Series 1 SWB (57)
Jaguar E-type Roadster V12 (71)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)
Vampyr

Post by Vampyr »

Hi Gary, both are 700APT, one is 3/74 and the other 6/74, they both have been used as spare parts for other Haffies, however are able to make a very good body out of the two, There has been some good work done on them in the past and I have plenty to work with. I have most of one engine in bits and hope to start on that soon Will post photo's as soon as I figure out taking photos and emailing them one my ipad. Danny
Vampyr

Post by Vampyr »

IMG_6917.jpg
IMG_4284.jpg
IMG_0456.jpg
Photo's of the haffies
heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

I take it that the bottom picture is of the chimera of the two?

Are you planning a complete strip / paint / rebuild or just a rebuild of the parts that actually require it in order to get a running vehicle?

When i bought Lurch, I spent my time just fixing things that actually needed fixing - like the front hubs, king pins, brakes. Now I can drive a round in Lurch rather than look at a pile of bits taking up space. I am sure there are things that still need to be fixed, ought to cleaned and painted, which I will get round to at some point!

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
Vampyr

Post by Vampyr »

John, I think I'm following along your line. A complete rebuild would be great, but That may be something further down the road. happy to get one up and running and then look at what I'm doing. Danny
AustHaflinger

Post by AustHaflinger »

Nice pics - my advice (noting I have had three cars lying my place for years that are in various states of rejuvenation) is to do what John has done is to get one on the road as soon as you can doing just what is needed to safely use the vehicle - then slowly improve that vehicle. That way you get to enjoy what you have - if you restore first then it may be years before you use it and I can assure you that motivation will wain.

I would put one on the road and as a hobby/project restore the other.

Cheers

Garry
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Range Rover Sport TDV6 (07)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Landrover Series 1 SWB Station Wagon (57)
Landrover Series 1 SWB (57)
Jaguar E-type Roadster V12 (71)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)
Vampyr

Post by Vampyr »

Good advice , I've done Austin Healey's, Series 12/3 and county landrovers, any number of trail and street bikes, Dune buggies. But I think these will be even more fun. Somewhere along the line a Army Haflinger seat got tossed in. happy to swap with someone who wants an original. Danny