Hi there

present your haflinger and introduce yourself to thehafllinger.com community
Gollum

Hi there

Post by Gollum »

Just joined, and have been a Haflinger fan for a very long time (looking at buying my first soon)

All the best. Ian.
heinkeljb

Re: Hi there

Post by heinkeljb »

Welcome Ian,

There seem to be quite a few Australian Haflingers on here. You should be able to find something - might be a wait, so make yourself comfortable :D

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
AustHaflinger

Post by AustHaflinger »

Welcome Ian - I am nearby :)

Garry
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Range Rover Sport TDV6 (07)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Landrover Series 1 SWB Station Wagon (57)
Landrover Series 1 SWB (57)
Jaguar E-type Roadster V12 (71)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)
Gollum

Post by Gollum »

garrycol wrote:Welcome Ian - I am nearby :)

Garry
Hi Garry, pleased to meet you, where in town are you located,

I am in Giralang. (I have some basic mechanics tools and a manual too)

I have found a haffi, just need to get the bank to approve , then up to Sydney (Mt Druitt) for the day.
Thinking I might rent a trailer and tow it back , 300 ks at 70k makes for a fun trip but I think the other road users might object.
heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

DO it!! :shock: :o

Someone who is actually contemplating driving a Haflinger a long distance. Give that man a coffee (or something stronger).

Forget the other road users having to travel at 70 kph (and less).... They don't have too, they will have plenty of opportunity to overtake, although if they are anything like the UK drivers, you will get one who just sits behind you so close they no one else can overtake as they can't jump two vehicles!

It is a completely different experience to drive a long distance at that speed, you see so much more. Your biggest worry will be a break down, that's where have a set of tools, the manual, the most obvious spares (plugs, points, fuel filter, electrical wire, insulating tape etc) comes in handy if you don't have breakdown cover. Do it over a couple of days, that way your backside won't get too sore! :lol:

Have a read through this site and somewhere there is an article I wrote about driving Lurch 900 odd mile over 4 days.

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
Julian B

Post by Julian B »

One of the best things about driving a Haflinger is rediscovering the joys of the open road - there is rarely anyone in front of you spoiling the view 8-)
Julian B
W Sussex, UK

| '62 Early Series I SWB | '72 Series II LWB |
| '56 Citroën Traction Avant |
AustHaflinger

Post by AustHaflinger »

Gollum wrote:Hi Garry, pleased to meet you, where in town are you located,

I am in Giralang. (I have some basic mechanics tools and a manual too)

I have found a haffi, just need to get the bank to approve , then up to Sydney (Mt Druitt) for the day.
Thinking I might rent a trailer and tow it back , 300 ks at 70k makes for a fun trip but I think the other road users might object.
Hi Ian - I am in Weston. When are you picking it up? Buying from anyone on here??

I drove my Haffie over to Hall yesterday - if I had known I could have dropped by and said hello. I have mine on Historic rego so only have limited usage but I make maximum use of it.

When you are ready let me know and we will have to meet up for a coffee and chat.

I have had my Haffie for nearly 2 1/2 years and in that time I have never even seen another Haflinger let alone parked next to one and my Haffie is on the road at least 4 days a week - in fact driving over to Fyshwick tomorrow to get some bits for my main car.

In Canberra we have my Haffie and a LWB under restoration also owned by a member on here. I have also heard of an ex army one being rebuilt but have never confirmed it and that is it - your will be a welcome addition.

Cheers

Garry
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)
Gollum

Post by Gollum »

Heinkel, 300 km is only a short trip here as the national capital is about 3hours from every thing except the snow. (I used to drive trucks and am used to long drives ) . Its normally an eight hour drive to Melbourne and a 12hour+ to Brisbane. We do not have the Rail Networks of UK or EU. so most people drive. (or fly)
Dont think the owner(Charles) is a member ( hes" not up to speed on the internet)" has 2 for sale, a fully restored one for about $20k and an ealier one for much less. $20k Is a bit too far for the bank to approve and I dont mind turning spanners on my cars. Supposedly its driveable on a permit so I am more likely to trail for speed (allowing for the age of the haf and unknown engine hours( or its service history.).

Love to catch up for a chat I'll have keep an eye out for the lone haflinger. (I don't get over to Weston much as I work shift work ).
Gollum

Post by Gollum »

Damn , just got a call from the Previous owner, he has sold it!!. (at least he rang). back to looking!

Ian
heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

Shame, hopefully another will raise its head soon.

John

AustHaflinger

Post by AustHaflinger »

Just buy the other one - you know you want it 8-)
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)
Vampyr

Post by Vampyr »

Hi IAN, there was one for sale on gumtree for 6,000 yesterday. Danny
Vampyr

Post by Vampyr »

Sorry Ian, must have been the one you were looking at, just saw it sold. I have bits and pieces if your after some parts. danny