6 seater Haflinger

Off topic
heinkeljb

6 seater Haflinger

Post by heinkeljb »

Looking for documentation showing Haflinger 703's with 6 seats, I plan eventually to fit the two optional back to back seats in Lurch (when I have sorted the other rear seats and hood etc)

I can see both DVLA and insurance being sceptical that this is / was a standard factory option. So looking to start building up a collection of documentation that can be used to help when they star querying things!

I haven't seen any articles that even show they could have six seats! I saw a Haflinger in Holland last year which had them fitted so I can probably make passable copies.

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
Julian B

Re: 6 seater Haflinger

Post by Julian B »

My father's 1972 Haflinger that I now share with my brother has 6 seats; I always declare it as having 6 seats for insurance, but don't have the V5 with me so can't check what that says. But the SDP Wagenstammkarte says "4 ruckw. sitze", which I believe means 4 rear seats. I can't see it as being a problem to prove to the DVLA or insurance companies.
Julian B
W Sussex, UK

| '62 Early Series I SWB | '72 Series II LWB |
| '56 Citroën Traction Avant |
heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

I don't have the "4 ruckw, sitze" on my one, so couldn't use that as leverage. The current V5 has it listed as having 4 seats - so if I make / find the 2 other rear seat I will have to change that. I just wanted some ammo in case they quibbled how it could suddenly have changed the number of seats.

In fact I have never seen any advertising brochures or even film of a Haflinger where all 6 seats are in use.

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
ogdenenterprise

Post by ogdenenterprise »

Hi Julian , any chance of photos of the 2 extra seats , I presume you mean the 2 that fit back to back with the drivers/passenger seats.

Dave
Julian B

Post by Julian B »

John - Constantin has some photos of an Austrian army Haflinger with six on board - and I seem to recall an old advertising movie with 6 up too.

Dave - here is a photo of our 6 seats - as I am sure you know, the two rear facing seats fold up (as shown); the 4 seats in the back share the two footwells, so as you can imagine it can be a bit cosy in the back :shock:
Attachments
IMG_0262.jpg
Julian B
W Sussex, UK

heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

I have started looking through Constantin's web site, but so far have not found the pictures you mention. I have a couple of photos of vehicles which have the extra seats in, but I was thinking more along the lines of an advertising brochure produced when the vehicles were in production as being more "indisputable" proof that this was an accepted factory provided option.

A couple of "obviously" military type photos might only say to the powers that be that they were only available to the military.

I know it is unlikely to require any sort of "proof" to get DVLA to change the seat number from 4 to 6, but the insurance is likely to be more difficult to persuade.

John
(p.s. This is a long term aim - I have lots of other things that need to get done first!)

AustHaflinger

Post by AustHaflinger »

Wow a Haflinger with 6 proper sized guys onboard - does the Haffie then move? 6 of me onboard means it is overloaded :?
Haflinger 700AP (73)
Range Rover Sport TDV6 (07)
Landrover FC 101 (77)
Landrover Series 1 SWB Station Wagon (57)
Landrover Series 1 SWB (57)
Jaguar E-type Roadster V12 (71)
Jaguar XJ12C (76)
heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Bet they never thought of that!

John

Julian B

Post by Julian B »

On second thoughts maybe I only ever saw a photo of 4 up in an Austrian army Haflinger. Not sure they even had LWB !?!?
Julian B
W Sussex, UK

maxhafli

Post by maxhafli »

If you do not ask "original", this is a good solution to the "disappearance" !!
Attachments
sedili4 (FILEminimizer).jpg
sedili3 (FILEminimizer).jpg
sedili2 (FILEminimizer).jpg
sedili (FILEminimizer).jpg
Julian B

Post by Julian B »

That is a very neat solution - and arguably better than Steyr Puch's effort.
Julian B
W Sussex, UK

heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

Did you have to change the foot wells to be able to get both seats in them?

Like Julian, I think your solution is much nicer than the original, BUT I still need at-least one contemporary advertising picture / article showing the 6 seats in a Haflinger in case the Insurance people complain.

John

maxhafli

Post by maxhafli »

No, the well of the foot of 703AP is deep right for the two seats.
ogdenenterprise

Post by ogdenenterprise »

Hi Julian ,thanks for posting the photo of the 2 extra seats, how does the seat framework attach to the body

Dave
pathfinder700ap

Post by pathfinder700ap »

Hello,

there is a drawing in the official 703 AP Austrian type document, see:
http://tdc.haflinger-4wd.com/literature ... hein16.php (picture at the bottom of the page).

Cheers,
C.
Julian B

Post by Julian B »

Dave, from memory the seats attach to the load bed via x4 M8 bolts; I don't think that the seat backs attach to the rear of the front seat protection panels.

Julian
Julian B
W Sussex, UK

heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

Thank's Constantin,

Do you have any other documentation showing the 6 seat configuration? Did they for instance make a sale brochure listing them as an optional extra?

John

pathfinder700ap

They are for example in the GB price lists:
http://tdc.haflinger-4wd.com/literature ... ritain.php

Regarding brochures, I will have to check.
heinkeljb

Post by heinkeljb »

The price list stating that the were 2 rear seats facing forwards and 2 rear seats facing rearwards might be enough, but it would be really nice to get a contemporary brochure showing the 6 seats as pictures say a thousand words (so they say) - I am quite a long way from tackling that part of Lurch.

Far more likely there will be mechanical issues or the rear hood will come first.

John

pathfinder700ap

John,

haven't found any suitable brochure, but the spares catalogue might help as well:
explo-sitze.jpg
Cheers,
C.