Wheel manufacturers?

heinkeljb

Re: Wheel manufacturers?

Post by heinkeljb »

Welding the centre back in can go wrong just as banding can. If you don't get the centre square to the rim then you have a bucked wheel - Don't weld it to the rim correctly and it can break.

So I look at it as a "six and 2 threes" - basically it needs to be done properly!

John
Haflinger 703AP LWB 1973 - (Once owned by Lady Sutherland & Sons.) Now called "Lurch" !

Have you hit the "DONATE" button at the bottom of the page after reading this post? Many thanks if you have!!
jhon

Post by jhon »

Hi John - thanks! I had the 4 wheels done, it worked out at £50/wheel compared to £90ish to get a wheel manufactured.

Garry - I did look at the option of a wider rim and welding it on to the Haf centre but couldn't source them anywhere.

I'm happy with the quality of the welding and for the speeds/loads that these will see I'm very confident that they'll provide good service.
Czechsix

Post by Czechsix »

ocklinger wrote:Hi John,
Big Tyres Ltd http://www.bigtyres.co.uk
It was Sean at Big Tyres that sorted it all out for me.
I got the tyres fitted on the rims today.

cheers
Mike
Old thread bump here but would you happen to have the stock numbers for those wheels? I'd like to get a quote on them.

Thanks.
Swiss 1963 700AP, Weber 32ICS carb, electric fuel pump, Black Diamond XTR 25x8x12 tires, Pertronix, civilian ignition and regulator system conversion, extra fuel filters, 4 point belts, NATO 3 color camouflage, Cobra CB radio, battery cut off switch
wojo12

Post by wojo12 »

My recently purchased Haf came with 4 mag wheels and one only original wheel. Has anyone found any wheels that fit a Haf that look period correct? Most Alfa/Fiat/Lancia steel wheels have too many non-essential holes in them for my liking.

Some research tells me that Lada Samaria wheels might fit, and they appear, from photos, to have not quite so many styling holes in them. "LADA SAMARA 4X98 35-38 58.5" - I'm reading that as 35-38mm offset and 58.5mm centre hole.

Keep on Haffing

John W
Attachments
wojo12.jpg
LADA-SAMARA-0.jpg
LADA-SAMARA-0.jpg (17.14 KiB) Viewed 1337 times